Work with a Pilates Pro. Anula is a world renowned Pilates teacher coming to Pilates Physique. She’ll be offering a weekend of workshops and mat classes along with sharing her expertise on the apparatus. Join her for a private or semi-private. Anula will shed light on where you should be feeling this.
Contact Denise with questions or to register. Reserve your spot and take advantage of this great deal!
• February 9-10, Pilates Physique
17015 Kenton Drive Cornelius, NC 28031
Master Class 8:30am-10:00am
Start your day off properly by attending Anula’s master class offering inspiration, creativity and thought
provoking moments. Limited to 12 attendees.
Part 1: Mythbusting Your Pilates Practice 10:15am-1:15pm
– How do we define Pilates as a profession?
– Are we teachers of exercises or skills?
– What are the skills we teach in various apparatus exercises?
– Are practitioners of the Pilates Method students or clients? Why is the distinction important?
– Are we teachers or instructors? Why is the distinction important?
– Where did the myth of Pilates being “good for the core” start?
– Can we/should we teach what we cannot personally do? Does it matter?
– Where the original choreography is abstracted to the point of no longer being recognizable. Is it still
Pilates? Why the answer is yes and no.
Part 2: Where Should I Be Feeling This? 2:30pm-5:30pm
– Is the question: Where should I be feeling this a question or an accusation? In a yoga class, for ex., it
is not common to hear: “what is warrior I for?” but the question is popular in a Pilates studio.
– Are there muscles with more value and muscles with less value when it comes to sensation? Why?
– What is wrong with experiencing mild discomfort? (including some pathology)
– Can we teach the difference between mild discomfort and pain? (including some pathology)
– Are we in charge, in the scope of our profession, to police muscle activation?
– Is success in Pilates solely reliant on sensation felt in the core? Did Mr. Pilates talk about the
abdominals in Return to Life?
– Are we over cuing the core and setting our students up to fail if they do not feel what we’ve asked
them to feel? Is the sensation of “burning” the measure of a successful workout?
-Have some exercises been modified to a point where their original purpose is no longer
Pilates Mat Class 6:00pm-7:00pm
Join Anula for a fun Pilates class as she teaches you to think outside the box, moving through the
Pilates matwork repertoire.
Master Class $45
•Take Part 1 or Part 2 for $150
•Mat Class $25
• Take it all for $300!
Bring your Students!